With the temperatures dropping, a constant need for keeping ourselves warm increases. Electric room heaters do help in warming the room and making you feel cozy but they also come with side effects that cause many illnesses.
Electric heaters warm the air inside the house, while reducing the moisture content of the air, making it dry.
- Breathing dry air leads to respiratory disorders like asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis and also nosebleeds due to dried membranes.
- Dry air also dries out mucus membranes which are moist, thereby trapping all dust and infection-causing agents, leading to their inflammation. This makes you more prone to infections as the first line of defense, the mucus membrane, is damaged.
- Lack of moisture in the air is also harmful to your skin. Dry skin is a common occurrence during winter, which also causes itchiness. Staying indoors with heaters can exacerbate this condition as dry air evaporates moisture from the skin.
- Lack of moisture in the air has also shown to evaporate tears from the eyes, making it difficult to maintain the delicate balance required for moist and healthy eyes.
Tips to maintain moisture levels
While using electric heaters have these side effects, completely banning its usage is next to impossible, especially in very cold places. Here are some tips to maintain moisture in homes while using heaters.
- Use a humidifier or vaporizer which increases the moisture inside your house.
- Place bowls filled with water at various places in your house.
- Keep sipping warm or hot fluids like soups or teas to keep your nasal passages, airways and throats moist.
- Use natural moisturisers to keep your skin hydrated and healthy.
बिहिबार २७, पुष २०७४ ०५:१२ मा प्रकाशित ।
रेडियो धनगढी लाइभ सुन्न र समाचार पढ्न एप डाउनलोड गर्नु होस्!